Yoga for Cancer is a complementary therapy which can be used alongside conventional medical treatments. It is practiced with consent of the patient’s doctor or clinical nurse specialist.
Yoga Path Within Yoga for Cancer classes are adapted for people going through a cancer treatment, cancer survivors, families or carers of a person living with cancer. My aim is to assist you to relax in a safe environment and lead you through your practice. Yoga for Cancer includes gentle postures, breathwork, guided relaxations and meditation.
If you are dealing with side effects of cancer treatment or you still don’t feel fit enough to return to your regular workout routine, adapted yoga can assist you. Therefore, you will stay active whilst honouring your current energy level, strength and limitations caused by the illness.
Different props are used to ease any discomfort and make the practice enjoyable and safe. In order to adjust the yoga practice to your individual needs, I am offering modifications and students are using a bolster or cushions, blocks, yoga strap (or a belt) and a chair. This program will in the future be available as a group class (up to 12 participants). At the moment it is possible to book a private session.
Before you join the class, I will give you a call for the purpose of finding out more about your current situation. In that case, we can evaluate together if classes I am offering can accommodate your needs.
Benefits of Yoga for Cancer:
- Relaxes the body and has a positive impact to mental health
- Improves mobility after period of lower physical activity level
- Increases flexibility and strength
- Assists to stay active and motivated
- Helps to deal with some side effects of the cancer treatment (fatigue, pain, sleep problems)
- Increases energy level
- Reduces negative feelings (stress, anxiety, fear, depression)
- Improves breathing
- Balances the perception of the new body image and encourages acceptance
Contact me with confidence with questions or further information you may need before you decide to join the classes.